Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year everybody!  It seems like I'm only doing posts on major holidays now... definitely going to have to work on that and post more often.  Otherwise, you might not hear from me again until Valentine's day.
New Year's here was pretty low key.  I didn't manage to stay up past midnight last night, I ended opting to watch a movie for a while and then crash out early.  This morning I started the year off with a bang.  I woke up at 5:00 and went out to run a 10-mile race that had been set up on post by some of the Minnesota folks.  The T-shirts we got from it said Twin Cities 10-miler, so I'm guessing it was meant to coincide with a race back in the Twin Cities... or they could have been leftovers from the earlier Twin Cities marathon and 10-miler they had in November, I don't know.  Either way, I did pretty well. I got 90 minutes flat for my time, which is alot better than I could have run a few months ago. 
I missed the midnight celebration here due to my desire for sleep, but I still managed to catch the Times Square celebration on TV.  Thanks to the time difference, it was on CNN while I ate breakfast after the race this morning. 
Otherwise, I've more or less got the day off, which is pretty nice.  I dealt with some medical stuff in the morning, and now I can relax, write a few letters, and catch up on some cleaning around my CHU.
That's all I've got for now, talk to you all later.

1 comment: